Finishing Touches

After re-shooting some of those shots, I went back to work on editing them. That was an experience of having the police show up on me filming one of my scenes and I am still shocked that happened. The police were really cool about it. I already have a pretty good foundation of film from the last time I was editing. Now, I just need to combine some of the new clips in with what I already have. Firstly, I checked over the new clips I had shot and deleted the old clips that were in the edit from last time. I sorted through the new clips and chose the best ones from the multitude of shots. After filming the last time I met with my group I have had mixed feelings about whether or not the amount of clips I have will come out to be the 2 minutes and 15 seconds. I was scared about not having enough time, but then I would calm myself down and be confident about how much I have filmed. Putting the clips together made me a little tense because the timing was coming down to the wire. Putting in the transitions between each scene added a few little milliseconds that all added up and helped push the overall time. After I finished adding all the correct clips in the correct spots, it all came out ok. The timing was all good and with the transitions, it all flowed smoothly. Next step I had to conquer were adding the titles. The titles of the movie had to be in a spot that flowed from one another and made sense on where they were placed. I couldn't place the text over a bright spot with a bright text color, such as white because it would disappear, and visa versa with dark spots and dark text colors. After placing the text in the right spot I had to make sure they appeared and stayed on screen for the right amount of time, which was a little tricky, but I worked it out and got it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Scene Film

Group Blog

Begin Editing